Skip to main content

Merry Christmas Slimline

I did another card from this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (sketch #469). This time, I did a Christmas card!

I used Gina K's woodgraining technique (you can find a tutorial here).

I also used Distress Frosted Crystal embossing powder; here's a close-up of the effect:


For the snowflakes and the sentiment, I cut the shapes out twice and glued them together to make them thicker. Very happy with how this one turned out! :)

Supplies:
Dies: Merry Christmas sentiment (unbranded), Tim Holtz Sizzix Holiday Greens Mini, Pink & Main Stitched Slimline, SU! Snowfall Thinlits
Paper: SU! Mossy Meadow, Real Red and Very Vanilla cardstock, Recollections Gold Foil cardstock
Ink: Distress Oxide Vintage Photo, SU! Crumb Cake
Embellishments: Distress Frosted Crystal embossing powder, CTMH Gold Bling Gems

Comments

  1. Beautiful Christmas card! Love the little snowflake clusters! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love how you used the crystal powder. Great shimmer and lovely Christmas snowflakes! Thank you for sharing with us at Atlantic hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I love the wood grain look and the pretty die cuts you included on the card. Thank you for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week and hope you join us again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! The woodgrain background is perfect!
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AHSC #111

The inspiration for this week in the  Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge : This is my interpretation of the sketch: I was so excited to do this sketch, because I remembered that I had some White Daisy Circle Spin cards from CTMH that I'd never used... this is the perfect sketch to use them with! It's also my first project using CTMH Seaside. Thanks for looking! :) Supplies : Inks - SU! Chocolate Chip Paper - CTMH Seaside, Glacier, Kraft and Dollarama Chocolate Brown Stamps - CTMH Happy Everything and Finding the Words Dies - Spellbinders Classic Square Large and Standard Circle Large Punches - Fiskars Scallop border punch and SU! 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Etc- CTMH Glacier Extra Thick twine and White Daisy Circle Spin card

Snowflakes in June?!

Not real ones, thankfully! I've been watching some of Gina K's Lives for the past couple of weeks. On Friday, she showed some masculine cards, and I was just blown away by her woodgrain technique that she showcased in her video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYiy54o2YC8&t=18s ).  It might be an old technique, but I hadn't seen it before so I was amazed and quickly completed some backgrounds on the weekend.  If you haven't seen the technique, watch the video - seriously, it's awesome AND easy. I also watched her Merry Monday Live, on well...Monday. She showed a "carved wood" technique.  MIND BLOWN AGAIN. (See it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwvaMa7Zc0&t=15s ) So, I thought I would try my hand at making "carved wood."  Now, I don't have many stencils, and I did try one, but couldn't get an impression. I used an embossing folder from SU! called Winter Wonder.  Apparently this is an old technique that she used to d