Skip to main content

I don't like to blog, but...

(OMG. I'm blogging.)

Really, the only reason I created this blog is so I can enter a paper crafting challenge! I've always liked to keep journals, so this will be like...my journal to the world! (it sounded a lot better in my head! hahaha)

And who knows, maybe I can conquer the world, one handmade greeting card at a time!

TL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did somebody say 'coffee'?

Happy sunshine-y Thursday everyone! It's a gorgeous day here in NS, and I'd much rather be outside on my deck drinking coffee, than at work, sitting at my desk, drinking coffee. But I digress... This is my entry into the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge  this week. I didn't want to do a traditional floral wreath, as depicted in the sketch, so I thought I'd branch out and try a coffee cup wreath? :) This card is also my entry in the Coffee Lovers Summer Blog Hop ! I discovered this blog hop just a few days ago, and I thought I'd create a coffee-themed card - because I am, in fact, a Coffee Lover! Supplies : SU! Coffee Break Suite including: Coffee Cafe stamp set, Coffee Cups dies and Coffee Break DSP and coordinating card stock (Chocolate Chip and Pear Pizzazz) SU! French Foliage stamp set Paper Pumpkin March 2018 "May Good Things Grow" stamp set (for the Happy Birthday) CTMH Gold Pearls Forever in Time natural burlap tape

Merry Christmas Slimline

I did another card from this week's  Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge  (sketch #469). This time, I did a Christmas card! I used Gina K's woodgraining technique (you can find a tutorial here ). I also used Distress Frosted Crystal embossing powder; here's a close-up of the effect: For the snowflakes and the sentiment, I cut the shapes out twice and glued them together to make them thicker. Very happy with how this one turned out! :) Supplies : Dies: Merry Christmas sentiment (unbranded), Tim Holtz Sizzix Holiday Greens Mini, Pink & Main Stitched Slimline, SU! Snowfall Thinlits Paper: SU! Mossy Meadow, Real Red and Very Vanilla cardstock, Recollections Gold Foil cardstock Ink: Distress Oxide Vintage Photo, SU! Crumb Cake Embellishments: Distress Frosted Crystal embossing powder, CTMH Gold Bling Gems

With Sympathy

My grandmother passed away almost 4 years ago. I was given some things from her house, including a large batch of sympathy cards she received when my Mom passed away in 2008. 47 cards, to be exact. I didn't want to throw them all away, because they still mean a lot to me - they mean that people were thinking about our family through one of our darkest times. But at the same time, these cards, sitting in a Ziploc bag on one of my craft shelves were not doing anything but taking up space. When I saw this week's AHSC sketch, I had an idea... Inspiration : Interpretation : This is probably the first scrapbook page I have done in 5 years; I have been concentrating on doing cards, mini albums and other altered projects. I used quite a few of the sympathy cards on this layout. I suspect this is the beginning of a double page spread, as I still have so many cards left. I included some personal notes that people had written about my Mom (but you probably can't n...